Board Members and Senior Management
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Land Manager (SMC NSW), consisting of Woronora Memorial Park and the Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park, was established under NSW Gazette official notices on the 3rd August 2012. Cemetery operations commenced at Matraville in 1893, and Woronora from 1895.
We’re proud of our strong community links through our Board, consisting by seven members. Appointed by the Minister for Lands to five-year terms our Board members come from all walks of life and backgrounds, reflecting contemporary needs and values.
Our vision at Woronora Memorial Park is ‘from our Community and for our Community’. With vision provided by the Board, planning and good management built on sustainable arrangements, the cemeteries of the SMC NSW will continue to make a positive difference for our community which is and will be represented through millions of lives for numerous generations yet to be born.
Our staff give from themselves to make a positive difference to make a positive difference to people’s lives, when families are facing he most adverse circumstances. The SMC NSW is a team that continues to bring compassion, high standards and solace to Sydney’s families, with a guarantee that, through our proper planning, our cemeteries will be here, forever.
- Anthony Charles Simpson LLB MAICD (Chair)
- Anthony Lee GAICD MBA BEng
- Joanne Muller BSc DipEd LLB MAICD
- Jennifer Davis BFA (UNE) GAICD
- Carol Provan
- Maria Cosmidis BA BSW MM
- CDRE Stephen McDowall RAN (Ret'd) DSM CSM GAICD
- Graham Boyd B.Com (Hons) CPA MBA MAICD, Chief Executive Officer
- Shane Donaghy MCOMPA GAICD, Chief Financial Officer
- Carolyn Dowe JP, Senior Manager, Customer Care
- Steve Donaldson JP, Senior Manager, Operations
- Eddie Swat BSc Arch USyd BArch UTS MPlan UTS MPIA, Senior Manager, Capital Works
- Sally Dillon MAHRI, Manager, People and Culture
- Carolyn Kelly, Customer Care Manager, Woronora Memorial Park
- Megan Reisenleiter, Customer Care Manager, Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park